Monday, 6 December 2010

Font research

From my previous research I have found that there are 2 main fonts used on cd's and posters - The title font/band logo and the main font. The title font is normally quite quirky and representative of the band and genre where-as the main font used for track listings is normally quite informal and plain. This means I'll have to pick 2 title fonts (one for the band name and one for the album name) which are reflective of the genre and band as well as 1 main font for the additional information e.g. track listings and record company details.

Ideas for Main font:






Out of all of the potential fonts I have chosen for my band name I prefer the font Greenbeans because I like how close together the letters are and the height of it. I think that this really suits our genre as well as our band.

Album Name:









Indiestar BB is my favourite font for the album name - this is because it looks neat at i feel it reflects our genre as well as giving off the vibe of "street art" e.g. graffiti.


The main font i am going to use for the body of my digipack will be Gulim with the spacing condenses to 1.1pt which will fit the font in with the band font. I have chosen to use this font because it's a san-serif font and is clear to read much like other digipacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment