Friday, 17 December 2010

Ancillary Digipack & Magazine Poster

Digipack Final Design

The key design for my two ancillary products was that they both linked together, I wanted my products to look as professional as possible, so it was key that the two had to link, as this was a key convention used in actual digipack and magazine posters. Even though my products didn't include very much colour, where i did it was still key that I followed the rule of three, which is used when creating a magazine or digipack. On the artwork which I created myself, I wanted only three colours to mainly stand out, Red, Green and Yellow. These to me are the key colours of autumn. Because I wanted the ancillary products to appear handmade or drawn, it was important that the designs remained simple and not overly confusing for it's audience. The Indie genre is all about being independent, so I wanted to ensure that the ancillary products stood out from main stream products. This was mostly what led me to not including any photographs of the band, as after researching various products, I saw that this was a common convention. On the top left hand panel (right inside panel) is where the disc will be stored, there is a cut away piece in the digipack where the CD will be assessable. After questioning fellow media students (whom where also my target audience) the response to my products was very creditable, with many stating how the simple design was a positive factor. They also stated that the drawings made the products noticable and interesting, which would make them if they were shopping in a store which stocked my digipack, would in turn result in them picking the item up. Whilst the comments regarding my magazine poster resulted in respondents stating that the use of colour attracted them to the poster and the design got the 'message' across perfectly, without confusing or causing them to loose interest.

Magazine Poster Design

No comments:

Post a Comment