Thursday, 16 December 2010

Artwork For The Ancillary Products


This is a 'finger painting' I've done as artwork for my ancillary products, the design currently includes this piece of artwork on the poster and the album, however rather than placing the piece on the front of the album, it will be placed on the back cover. It will also be the only image that includes colour through out the theme of the two products. The colours used all suit the theme that is being used 'Autumn', including lots of reds, greens, yellows and browns. I will photoshop the image so that there is no background, so only the colour will show, enabling me to get rid of the darker colour that is the background of the image at the moment. This will highlight the colour further. I will also be improving the lighting effects of the image to highlight the colours further too. Inspiration for this design of a tree, came from the Eels album I originally took inspiration from when researching album covers.

These are two ink drawings that I will be using on the inside panels of the digipack as well as the back cover to the album. Similarily to the tree painting, I will use photoshop to delete the background that is in the photos, so that only the lines appear, making the background transparent. Because of the album's theme and title, I wanted to keep the art theme running throughout the process of the ancillary products. The drawings also link with the chosen font, which looks like someone has doodled the two pictures as well as all the text on the digipack. This theme will also follow on the ancillary poster, as this will have the same effect as mainstream and professional posters do.




These three drawings are the artwork for the front cover of the digipack, in there final stage. Here I have removed the background from each of the pictures to make the drawings stand out more. This technique will be used on the other pieces of artwork for the album, including the painting of the tree. These designs of the protraits match the chosen font, however they also match the chosen genre - Indie. This digipack will be very individual and remain very memorable to an auidence. The main inspiration for these designs came from a series of album and single cover designs from Damien Rice. His designs are often in relation to the title of the album or a tracks title.


No comments:

Post a Comment